AMDT Instagram Photography Contest 2016
YOUR PHOTOS ARE NOW ON ‘FACEBOOK’.
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: Take an amazing photograph
- Photographs can be taken from any camera
- Choose an interesting subject to photograph
- Pay attention to the light quality
- Check the exposure
- Always take photos in full resolution and full quality
- Reduce camera shake
Step 2: Upload to Instagram
Upload the photograph to your ‘Instagram’ using #InstaAMDT
*Photographs uploaded after September 20th, 2016 will not be eligible for participation.
What you should know
- A maximum of 5 photographs can be uploaded by one contestant.
- The best photographs will be shortlisted on the 20th of September, out of which the people’s favourite will be decided (most Facebook “likes” out of the shortlisted photographs).
- The people’s choice will be decided on the most number of “likes” a photograph receives on the AMDT Facebook page.
- You should only upload your own photographs.
- AMDT has the right to use any of the submitted photographs for any marketing and promotional purposes.
[toggle title=”Rules and regulations”]
Please do not digitally enhance or alter your photographs (beyond the basics needed to achieve realistic color balance and sharpness).
Selfies: NOT accepted.
Dodging and Burning: Dodging (to brighten shadows) or burning (to darken highlights) is fine, but please don’t overdo it. Your goal in using digital darkroom techniques should be to adjust the dynamic tonal range of an image so that it more closely resembles what you saw.
Colour Saturation: Just as with dodging and burning, your goal should be to make it real. Please avoid significant over- or under-saturation. A lot of photographers make the mistake of over-saturating color, making their images look cartoonish.
Solarization, Mezzotint, Duotone, etc.: These are discouraged. There is a myriad of alteration “filters” available in digital photo software; please avoid them. They may be cool and fun, but they won’t help you in this contest.
B&W Images: Acceptable.
Stitched Panoramas: NOT Acceptable.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images: Acceptable.
The contestant with the best photograph will receive:
An AMDT Scholarship & a Wacom Graphics tablet.
The contestant with the most “likes” will receive:
An AMDT Scholarship