AMDT Photography Contest – Maldives
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: Take an amazing photograph
- Photographs can be taken from any camera
- Choose an interesting subject to photograph
- Pay attention to the light quality
- Check the exposure
- Always take photos in full resolution and full quality
- Reduce camera shake
Step 2: Upload your photograph
Upload the photograph to your ‘Instagram’ or ‘Facebook’ profiles using the hashtag #AMDTPhotographyMaldives and tag the below mentioned AMDT profile pages in your caption.
Photographs uploaded after August 28th, 2017 will not be eligible for participation.
What you should know
- This is a ‘Maldivians Only’ contest.
- A maximum of 5 photographs can be uploaded by one contestant.
- The top 20 photographs will be shortlisted, out of which the “Most Popular Photograph” will be decided (most Facebook “likes” out of the shortlisted photographs).
- From the above top 20, a judging panel will choose the winner.
- The “Most Popular Photograph” will be decided on the most number of “likes” a photograph receives on the AMDT Facebook page.
- You should only upload your own photographs.
- Photographs uploaded after August 28th, 2017 will not be eligible for participation.
- AMDT has the right to use any of the submitted photographs for any marketing and promotional purposes.
Rules and regulations
Please do not digitally enhance or alter your photographs (beyond the basics needed to achieve realistic color balance and sharpness).
Selfies: NOT accepted.
Dodging and Burning: Dodging (to brighten shadows) or burning (to darken highlights) is fine, but please don’t overdo it. Your goal in using digital darkroom techniques should be to adjust the dynamic tonal range of an image so that it more closely resembles what you saw.
Colour Saturation: Just as with dodging and burning, your goal should be to make it real. Please avoid significant over- or under-saturation. A lot of photographers make the mistake of over-saturating color, making their images look cartoonish.
Solarization, Mezzotint, Duotone, etc.: These are discouraged. There is a myriad of alteration “filters” available in digital photo software; please avoid them. They may be cool and fun, but they won’t help you in this contest.
B&W Images: Acceptable.
Stitched Panoramas: NOT Acceptable.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images: Acceptable.